6/14/11

Johann Sebastian Bach -- Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring

Johann Sebastian Bach is one of the most acclaimed composer, organist, harpsichordist and violinist in the Baroque period. I can say that he's one of my favorite because his heart speaks through his music and his main interest of mostly his written songs is also my main interest in all my songs...it's Jesus!

He is a Christian and not just a normal practicing christian but someone who live by the bible. The music that really moves my soul and makes me cry is not the songs that are played for a person or for a thing but those that are sang to the One that I love the most and that is Jesus. He is my First Love, my Desire, my Delight, my Song and my Everything. I sing for Him alone and my heart belongs to Him solely.

The essence of music is when it is directed to the One who created it and that is God. One way that God speaks to His creation is through music, that's why we feel something beautiful when we hear a beautiful melody played, that's why we feel refreshed whenever there's a beautiful song in the air.

 "The aim and final end of all music should be none other than the glory of God and the refreshment of the soul." -- Johann Sebastian Bach



Listen to one of Bach's beautiful composition of all time.
"Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring"



0 comments:

Post a Comment